I primed the model with Contrast Gray Seer primer. I was going to try contrast paints but I didn’t find the ‘standard Van Saar’ colors available.
The Gray Seer was so light it was hard to see a lot of the detail so I washed the whole model in a very watered down Agrax Earthshade.
This stage is the 2nd coat of Kabalite Green. Very messy. I’m not particularly proud of my brush control. I haven’t painted much in the last few months so I’m trying to awaken some forgotten muscle memory.
Here the base colors are added, a wash of Nuln oil applied. The flesh was painted Rakarth Flesh, washed with Reikland Fleshshade and highlighted with Pallid Wych Flesh.
The Pallid Wych Flesh looked a little too stark so I added another wash of Reikland Fleshshade.